Saturday, August 13, 2011

Get Me Off Already!!!

I want to start today's post by thanking so many of you. After what happened on Thursday, so many of you offered me advice, prayers, your love, and support. Every day I say to myself I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends/family who continuously offer me comfort through this journey. Thank you!

Before walking into the ultrasound this morning, I felt as if my body was telling me it would be cancelled. I'm not bloated at all and I really don't have much ovary pain so I had figured things weren't progressing as they should be.

So we went to the ultrasound this morning and things indeed looked kind of quiet on the ovary front. The doctor measured the two largest follicles on each side and both sides measured around 6mm. He said at this point we would at least want to see them around 8 or 10 mm. So hubby and I walked out of the office feeling defeated and as though things were over. Walking out we already started talking about what's next? Where do we go from here? How do we move forward? We both felt comfortable with trying again and using a different protocol and wrote down some questions we had for Dr. Hayes for our wtf meeting.

Then I met up with one of my dear friends Megan at A.lter.ra. I told her all about the cycle and how defeated I was feeling. About an hour later I got a call back from the nurse with the results of my estradiol levels from the blood drawing this a.m. Remember we were looking for the estradiol to be up to 200. It came back at 214. The nurse said the doctor would like you to continue on with your meds and come back for another follie check Monday morning. I was like "Uh, oooookay". I expressed to her that I for sure thought my cycle would be cancelled due to the ultrasound. She said the doctor was hopeful that my ovaries just needed a lil kick start. She said since the estradiol level was finally improving, we might still have a chance that the follies could take off.

I got off the phone and ran back to tell Megan what the nurse had said. I was sitting there and all of the sudden I was like Oh crap - I only have enough Follistim left for one more night (tonight). On Thursday, my doctor didn't want me to order more quite yet because we weren't sure if I was going to need it and she mentioned that if I did need it, they could bridge me over. So I called the nurse back and I am really thankful she will give me a supply to cover Sunday and Monday nights dosage. Thank you!!! This stuff is very pricy, so I appreciate their willingess to help. I can then order more Monday morning and will have it for Tuesday (if needed).

So here we are...Day 8 of injections and continuing on. I think Monday's appointment will really determine if we will make it to a retrieval or not. For now, I'm grateful the estradiol went up & hopeful that things continue to progress; however, I'm also prepared that it could go the other way too. I felt like I've been on a never ending emotional teeter totter ride these past couple days. Up...Down...Up....Down....Up....Down! I'm ready to get off already! :)


amiracle4us said...

Fingers crossed!!!! Just think of the stories you can tell you baby on how hard you worked for them!

waiting and wishing said...

I'm glad things are looking up today. I'll be praying for more good news on Monday! Hang in there :)

amy said...

Yayay!! So glad to hear about your estradiol level...prayers and support really do work ;) Continue to stay positive! Can't wait to hear more!!

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

Sending lots of prayers your way that your ovaries start to shape up! I know the exact feeling, my ovaries were slow growers every cycle, but sometimes they will surprise you! Hang in there!!

Tippy said...

Oh the ups and downs of an IVF cycle as simply maddening. I'm glad you get to keep going! Fingers crossed for a good report.