I cannot get over how each one of these posts gets more and more difficult to write because you keep us so incredibly busy. You are on the go constantly and by the time you go to bed, I am super exhausted myself. This last month was a whirlwind as we're all home for the summer and time seems to be disappearing before our very own eyes.
We officially have a "walker" on our hands
Loves talking on the phone
That smile! :)
- I think the biggest one this month is that you officially started walking! Around 10.5 months you started taking a few wobbly steps and by your 11 month birthday you had mastered the art of walking! Now you aimlessly walk around the house with a toy in your hand, with no agenda, just because you can. It's your primary way of getting around these days ...it seems as though crawling is a thing of the past.
- You visited Chicago for the first time! We went down to Chicago for three days with your auntie, Jessie, Jordan and his girlfriend Morgan. We did a lot of shopping (you made out) and dining. You even got to have your first ride in a taxi cab.
Napping while shopping in Chicago
- You celebrated your first 4th of July. The night prior to the 4th we went to Uncle Aris and Dayne's place to grill out. After grilling, we all rode our bikes down to the lakefront to watch the fireworks. Uncle Aris towed you and I in a bike trailer down to the lakefront. The fireworks were short lived because it was way too foggy and we could barely see anything. Then on the actual 4th, we went to the pool!
Happy Fourth of July!
Things You Like Right Now:
- CAMPING! We went on a camping trip to St. Croix Falls for a week and you had the time of your life. You really enjoyed getting dirty at the campsite. You actually had dirt underneath all ten of your fingernails for the duration of the trip. You went hiking, swimming in the lake, swimming in the river, had your first fish fry, and went tubing. You actually fell asleep during your tube excursion.
You're so sweet ...you even gave the fish a kiss
Having fun at the lake
You love your new 4-wheeler from the "Camp Fairy"
Tubing on the river
Playing with KeKe in your tent
- You really enjoy throwing the food you don't like or want on the floor while sitting in your high chair. Sure having Buckwheat around makes clean up easy, however, we're not sure how to break this habit. So far, we haven't made much progress and going out to eat with you can be very messy.
Things You Dislike Right Now:
- You don't like having your teeth brushed before bed. It's always a production each night that requires both mommy and daddy's teamwork.
- Sleeping in your pack-n-play while camping. At home, you're a real good sleeper and when we put you down in your crib, you settle in and just go to bed. Well, this was the opposite camping. The first night went okay, but then each night afterwards got progressively worse. By the end of the week we were driving you around to get you to fall asleep and then transferring you to your pack-n-play. You would sleep for a couple of hours and then wake up crying. Mommy would end up picking you up right away since she didn't want you waking the whole campsite. It sure felt good to get home and get you back to your regular sleep routine.
- Sitting in your high chair after you are done eating. So the second you decide you're done eating, you say "all done" and try climbing out of your high chair. We had the straps off to wash them and have quickly got them back on because this is really dangerous. We sit you back down and explain that you need to be cleaned up before being excused. You are not a fan of waiting.
- Waiting to eat at a restaurant. It used to be so easy going out to dinner with you. At first, you would just sleep in your car seat. Then you would just sit nicely in one of our laps. After that, you would be content hanging out in the big boy high chair. Well, now that you can walk you want nothing to do with socializing at the dinner table. You want down and you want to explore everything! We've tried entertaining you, distracting you, giving you snacks, etc. and so far no luck. Nice restaurants are definitely out of the question these days.
- Daddy has thoroughly been enjoying his summer off with you. You guys spend hours together at the pool climbing up and down the play equipment, going down the slide, and practicing actual swimming in the deep end. Swimming is definitely you and your dad's "thing" which mommy loves watching from her lawn chair.
- Daddy loves his job, but can't help but dread going back to work next week. Being away from you is tough especially after the two of you had an awesome summer together. I know he is really looking forward to his first break though in October.
First boat ride
Swimming in the lake
I need to be honest here...this past month has been kind of crazy for mommy. Mommy is pregnant!!!! We found out towards the end of the school year and we are very excited, but still completely shocked. Since it was so difficult to get pregnant with you, I kind of thought you were going to be an only child. We are so thankful that God has bestowed this blessing upon us and thrilled that you will have a sibling. It's still early in the pregnancy ...we are praying (hard) that things continue to progress smoothly and that you will have a healthy brother or sister to play with next year!
I've been very sick this past month and thank God daddy was home to help me with you. The timing of us being home on summer break has been perfect.
I weaned you around 10.5 months since my doctor recommended it with the new pregnancy. It was very hard for mommy since we had created such a bond over the past 10.5 months. You adjusted really well though to formula and in another month we'll be transitioning you to whole milk already.
You came to all of my early ultrasounds and the doctor and nurses got such a kick out of you. When we heard the heart beat, you would literally bounce up and down like you were dancing to it. It was so sweet. Here you are after one of our ultrasounds!
Other than that, mommy has been looking forward to your big birthday coming up. I find myself reminiscing a lot about what I was doing at this time last year. I was going crazy waiting for you to arrive in the dead heat of summer!! Little did I know, you would be almost two weeks late. I have such pleasant memories of being pregnant with you. I still am pinching myself wondering if this is all a dream. You're the best sweet baby boy.