This last month has been so much fun with you! You are becoming much more aware of the people and things around you. You're also starting to have preferences as to who holds you or puts you to sleep. One of your favorite things to do is watch your brother play. There is not anything not to love about you. You're precious, sweet, happy, and a joy to be around.
Milestones/stats/firsts: - At your 4 month check-up, you were 26 1/2 inches long & 16 pounds and 10 ounces.
- You experienced your first camping trip! We went camping at Devil's Lake and even though it got down to 40 degrees, you still slept through the night swaddled in the pack-n-play. Your lil nose was so cold in the morning, but the rest of you stayed nice and warm.
Just woke up in the tent
Getting ready to leave for a hike- You celebrated your first Mother's Day with the girls. We went to visit Great Grandma Glisch at the cemetery and went out for brunch with Grandma Staedler and Auntie.
- You've rolled over from your tummy to your back. We have yet to actually see it, but know we put you on your tummy and walk back into the room to see you on your back.
- Fun outings this month: Jordan's high school graduation in Marshfield, Aris' college graduation from UW-Milwaukee, hiking at Devil's Lake, Discovery World, and a visit to Mommy's school
Things You Like Right Now: - Literally gnawing on anything and everything you can get your hands on. You are definitely teething! You will maul your toys, fingers, hands, nuks, even mommy's cheeks! We started using a nuk last month since you were sucking your thumb so much and it looks like you have accepted the nuk and moved away from the thumb sucking..:).
- Watching your brother play! We will put you on your tummy or in your bumbo right next to Ari while he plays and you adore watching his every move. My favorite is when he is playing with his train tracks and we put you in the middle of the track and you watch it go around and round.
- You still love taking showers with mommy & daddy.
-You really enjoy being outdoors. If you are ever fussy, all we have to do is head outside and sit on the front porch. You're so observant and love to watch Buckwheat play and cars drive by. Stroller rides are also on the top of your list!
-You nurse like a champ! Ari points to mommy's chest and says "Elle's milk." While Mommy is gone at work, you drink 3 five ounce bottles and nurse on demand when Mommy is home. Based on your pudginess, I think you're doing well!
Things You Don't Like Right Now:
- I actually texted Daddy for this one because I couldn't think of anything this time around. I guess you could say you don't like teething and that's why you always have something in your mouth. But even with the teething, you have maintained your happy spirit. We can tell when your teeth are bothering you and a ice, cold teether usually does the trick or even a change in scenery.
- Gosh, you have created quite the special bond with your Daddy this past month. Simply stated...you prefer Daddy, especially in the evenings. We can always tell when you're tired because you have this cute little whine/cry. Mommy will try to have you fall asleep on her and you just don't seem to ever settle in. Your eyes are super heavy and you can barely keep your head up, but you do. So Mommy will pass you off to Daddy and within seconds...literal seconds...you fall asleep on his chest. It is the most precious thing ever and it melts my heart every time. It's crazy to me how quickly you have owned the phrase, "Daddy's little girl". Daddy was home with you on leave and luckily the summer weather arrived. The three of you have spent a lot of time outside playing in the yard and going for walks. Here you are with Daddy enjoying shower time.
-Ari is really enjoying the fact that you are getting older and stronger. He loves to help you practice rolling over and you like it too. You always look at him with this look of awe on your face, like "I wish I could do that." He still likes to put his hats and helmets on your. He's very conscious of your nuk and is sure to put it back in your mouth when it falls out. You like to play soccer with him. You're cute little self serves as the goalie and Ari tries to score around you. You definitely are going to be one tough little girl!
Courtesy of Ari
-Mommy has been back at work for awhile now and I've been missing you like crazy. I spent time this month in search of a new career option that would allow me to stay home with you and your brother most of the week. I accepted a part time position with UWM and will get to be home with you and your brother! It's so comforting to know that after the close of this school year, I won't have to leave you again. I can't wait to get you to the pool this summer!
- You may prefer your Daddy to cuddle with, but you are Mommy's little sidekick throughout our days together. I have got to admit I swoon over all the comments I get that you look just like me. I've always dreamt of having a little girl and am so blessed to have you, the most perfect, sweet angel from above.
Everyday is so special with you. Daddy and I are always pinching ourselves.