Gosh, we have grown so attached to one another and I absolutely love it! You are in a stage right now where you always want your mommy. If I'm not holding you, you're looking around to double check to make sure I am still there. Every month, I find myself saying how sweet you are. Well, you still are as sweet as they come...all the time!!!!
There just isn't any such thing as keeping the blanket straight anymore
-You just had your 6 month check up at the doctor. We are so proud of you because you are doing so well, right on track in every area! The doctor was really impressed with how well you sit up now. You were 27 1/2 inches long and weighed 18 lbs and 13 ounces. Healthy to say the least!
- Your 2nd camping trip is in the books! We went to the Apostle Islands for about a week. You ate up all the attention from everyone and seemed to enjoy being outdoors all day. One of your favorite parts was your sponge bath on the picnic table in a wash basin.
- You went to your first parade - the South Shore Frolics in Bayview. Believe it or not, even with all the noise at the parade you managed to fall asleep.
- You took your first ride in the Burley. We converted it to a stroller for your debut ride. I'm not sure what you enjoyed more...the ride or eating the straps.
-You just started solids...rice cereal, carrots, peas, and bananas so far. You seem to love eating from a spoon. You get this quirky little grin on your face in-between bites and even make cute lil coos.
Things You Like Right Now:
- Sitting up! You just won't have it any other way. Tummy or back time causes you to fuss because you would much rather be sitting up playing & showing off. As long as you're well rested and your tummy is full, you will sit and play for a good half an hour straight now.
- Pool days! Now that you can sit up, you seem to have more fun at the pool. You sit in the shallow end with Mommy and watch your brother play.
- Sitting in the the high chair, even despite your brother saying "Ari's high chair" almost the entire time you are in there. You look down at him with this lil smirk on your face, almost as if you are intentionally trying to rub it in.
- Grabbing at anything within reach (including Mommy's hair and Daddy's chest hair..ouch!)
- You still are very content watching your brother play...whether it be in the house, outside in the yard, or at the pool.
- Naps ...you take a cat nap every morning around 10:30 that lasts for about 30 minutes and you are sure to take an afternoon nap that usually lasts 1-2 hours. And you are still known to sleep anywhere!
Things You Don't Like Right Now:
- You do not like when everyone leaves the room. It takes you about 3 seconds to realize you're alone and then you cry until at least one of us returns.
- When Ari takes a toy away from you, you become very sad. Sometimes you get a hold of something you're not supposed to have and when mommy or daddy take it away from you, you let us know that you aren't happy.
- Bugs were not your friend camping. There needed to be someone on "Elle bug duty" 24/7. Even so, you managed to get bit up horribly and we actually left early because you were getting eaten up alive. The bug net on the stroller came in handy for your naps!
Bug bites camping
- When at the pool, Daddy likes to take you and have some solo swim time with you. Daddy had so much fun with you camping. I know he was really proud of how well you weathered the outdoors. It was hot, buggy, and super uncomfortable at times, but you always kept your cool. Daddy was pretty bummed out that when we returned from camping, he had to go back to work. While he enjoys his year round gig, it's always tough to head back to work while it's still summertime.
- Every morning Ari comes into the bedroom and notices you are still sleeping. He's so sweet because he will put his index finger over his lips and say "Shhh! Elle sleeping." It feels so good to see the two of you greet each other now when you do wake up. The two of you are the first to exchange smiles, such a great start to the morning. Now that you are getting older, Ari is adjusting to having to share some things that used to be just his. For example, he yells "No Elle" at you when Mommy puts you in the high chair or when you're playing with one of his toys. We're working on sharing and teaching him that the things in our house belong to our family, not just him. He is looking forward to having you at his 2nd birthday party.
-It hit me the other day. The realization of how lucky I am...I don't ever have to leave you to go to work full time. I don't have to miss any of your smiles, laughs, or milestones. I get to be there for you when you're feeling under the weather or just having a bad day. I'm currently living my dream of spending each and every day with YOU! I have to admit, I love your attachment to me and I feel just as attached to you. One of my favorite parts of the day with you is afternoon nap time. You're so patient while I get Ari his lunch and get him ready for nap. I sit down and you just have this look of contentment on your face like you're saying "Finally, I have Mommy all to myself." It's only takes a few short minutes for you to crash as well, right on Mommy's chest. I could easily lay you down, so I could tend to the chores of the house. And each and every day, I tell myself no way. Snuggling with you is way more important than any chore around the house. Laundry can wait, dishes can wait, bills can wait. There will come a day where you won't want to snuggle with me anymore...tears. Until then, I'm going to soak up every possible minute that I can with you.